Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Letter of the Law

Saturday I completed Wk6D3. The first mile or so my calves kept getting really tight so I stopped 3 times to stretch them. After that, the last 3/4 mile felt pretty good and I was able to pick up the pace a bit. I still struggle with viewing this as a success because I wasn't able to run the entire time, as the training plan is written, without stopping to stretch. I am trying to keep some perspective in that 6 weeks ago I couldn't hardly run 2 minutes, let alone 24, even if my legs aren't quite there yet...Still, it will really feel like an accomplishment to be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes, strongly, without stopping, as the plan indicates.

Last night was Wk7D1. M and I ran together. We warmed up for 10 minutes, instead of 5, during which I stretched my calves twice. Also, we started out deliberately slower than normal. Again, after an iffy mile or so, I felt pretty good and was able to go a bit faster. I was ready to almost spint the last 1/4 or so and M was complaining of his knee so we stayed at the same pace. Not that I'm taking pleasure in his pain, but it was kindof nice to not be the one struggling to finish, for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment