Friday, March 11, 2011

Off the Grid

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Things have been super CRAZY here. Although I haven't been blogging, I have still been logging the miles.
This week is wk8 of the C25k program. I ran partly on the streets on Tuesday, which was definitely outside my comfort zone. I ran back on a different trail than I usually run on and it was still covered in ice in many places. I was committed at that point (because of time and distance to get back to the road) so I had to finish but it wasn't the smartest thing I had ever done. Because of having to slow down to maintain my footing, I wasn't able to find a real groove but I still went the farthest I have gone. I am SO looking forward to nicer weather!

Tomorrow is our 5k race we've been working towards. M ran a full 3 miles last night and said he felt pretty good. We've been running for minutes, not miles, so the race will be the first time I've run 3 miles since I was in the military 15 years ago. I'm certain I will finish but equally as certain that it will likely be about 45 minutes. I guess its a starting point...

I do feel like this program has given me my life back. I feel more energetic and I know I'm healthier. I'm looking forward to continue putting in the work and getting faster.
As a mom, I focus a lot of my energy and attention on my family and really let myself go. This program has made me realize that I'm worth investing in, too.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE worth investing in - and every run you do is a step closer to the "you" that you want to be. If you lived near by I'd make you (hehehe) come for a run with me, sounds like we're at the same fitness level.
    GOOD LUCK on your race!!! Be sure to give us a re-cap! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete