Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2nd 5k race recap

I ran 2.5 miles last Thursday in a decent time. I'm running on the roads now, which is out of my comfort zone but does seem to make the time go by faster.
Saturday was our second 5k. I knew going in I wasn't prepared (we were in the car 4.5 hours on Friday night, ate fast food for dinner, over caffeinated = dehydrated and not well rested, etc) so I didn't have a lot of hope for doing much better than last week.
We started out decently. The first 1.25 miles went pretty well. My shin muscle (so difficult to stretch) was totally cramping and M wasn't feeling it either. We ended up walking for a mile or so and finishing relatively strong. Our time was almost exactly what we ran the week before (a difference of seconds) so given everything stacked in our favor, I count it as a success. That being said, it was a very small race and we totally finished DEAD LAST! I wasn't remotely embarrassed though. I didn't know a single person there, besides M. And I beat everyone who was still in bed! :)
Going to run 3 miles tonight on a new paved trail which should be fun to do something different and nice to not have to worry about traffic. We're supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow tonight. Fingers crossed it misses us. I'm so ready for spring!

1 comment:

  1. You finished and that is what matters!! DFL (dead blank last) is better than DNF (Did not finish) is better than DNS (Did not start)!!

    ReplyDelete