Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10k, here I (slowly) come!

Last night was my first night of Hal Hidgeon's 10k novice program- 2miles plus strengthening. I wasn't able to complete the strengthening because my daughter had a school program so I squeezed in the run portion after work and scooted over to the school.
The run was okay. Well, honestly, it felt like a chore. My head wasn't in it and it was a real struggle to not give up. I walked a number of times, which was a disappointment to me. I wasn't hurting at all (second run with no leg pain!) and only had a medium side cramp (thats something new that hasn't happened before) so I'm gathering it was all in my head. Not sure yet how to "check out" and just go through the motions. All suggestions would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment