Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Rollercoaster

Last week on Thursday, I ran W4D2 of C25k. It was my best run yet! It felt smooth and best of all, I experienced NO leg pain during! This is huge!!! I had hope that maybe my legs won't always ache during a run and that I'm not a fool for trying to complete this program.
I was super excited for W4D3 on Saturday! I got up and ate a bit and couldn't wait to get out there! Imagine my disappointment when the run was a struggle. It was the first time we had run on the street, off the cleared pathway, which was a challenge because the sidewalks weren't plowed which made for tricky footing. Also, the wind was more of a factor than it had been previously. My legs felt like lead. At one point, I had to walk (which has happened maybe once before during a run interval). My uber supportive husband wouldn't let me quit, though. We finished strong and ended up running our farthest distance ever, by a quarter mile! I know I should be celebrating this small victory but I can't help but feel defeated by my own body since my legs failed to cooperate. I have been really discouraged and have found a reason to miss my run the last few days. No more avoiding, though. Tonight I have to get back on the schedule. I hate the ups and downs and am hoping that if I stick with it, my experiences will be more consistent.

2 comments:

  1. It is great your husband is uber supportive, I need to work on that! I think you will stick with it after reading your first post and seeing what you have already overcome.

    I also struggle with the runs, I've been working on the c25k since last fall. I just completed w5d1 (the 20 minute run!) but it took me too tries. Yesterday I tried to do w6d1 which "only" had an 8 minute run, and I'll be darned if I didn't end up walking early. I'll do it again tomorrow and I will get it done! We all play mind games with ourselves, and I'm convinced my mind cheats!

    Great blog, and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, TG!
    I think you're right about so much being in your head. Keep me posted on your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete